December 3, 2012

DIY Advent Calendar


Advent is upon us. Happily, this year I was prepared BEFORE the first Advent Sunday. (It only took three years as a Catholic to get it together...)

Usually I buy those classic window-box calendars filled with chocolates, but I couldn't find them in town this year. So, I did the Pinterest Mom thing and, after seeing everyone else's ingenious creations, cobbled together my own calendar. (What did our moms do without Pinterest, I wonder?)


This is really easy to do, so if you haven't purchased or made a calendar for Advent yet...don't despair. I've been there. ;) If you are crafty you'll probably have all of the necessary items stashed throughout your house somewhere, but if not, they are cheap and easy to find.

To make this calendar, simply hang up ribbon (or twine) using push pins or nails, then use clothespins to clip on mini chocolate bars and scrapbook paper labeled with numbers.


Tada!

Next year, if I'm even MORE prepared, I will write some Scripture verses on the back and throw in a few "surprises" like family movie night.

One thing at a time, though. ;)




5 comments:

  1. I really love this idea. We may have to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a great idea! I'm pinning it for next year :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. okay....is it bad if I make one for myself?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great work on the advent calendar! Home made is always better than store bought!

    Thanks for linking to a Round Tuit!
    Hope you have a fabulous week!
    Jill @ Creating my way to Success
    http://www.jembellish.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this! Please come share at my Advent Calendar party!

    http://www.shecookscraftsruns.net/2012/12/christmas-blog-hop-series-advent.html

    ReplyDelete